In response to the new reality we find ourselves in, NorHaz Solutions can address your cleaning requirements with the BEST PRACTICES AND MOST EFFECTIVE PRODUCTS in the industry. We are NOT just another “cleaning company”. With over 30 years of experience in successfully addressing different virus such as H1N1, Norwalk, SARS and HIV, PLUS a proven track record within BC Health facilities – we bring our expertise to the current crisis. With offices in Penticton, Summerland and Kelowna, we continue to meet the abatement and restoration requirements throughout BC’s Interior and Southern regions.
Our Specialized Cleaning Services will address the exact cleaning needs you encounter based on these products and practices. They include but are not limited to:
- Touchpoint Cleaning -proficiently removing dirt, germs and impurities from high touch surfaces such as: doors handles, light switches, handrails, countertops, telephones, shopping baskets, faucets, sinks, etc. This is the first step in properly tackling COVID-19.
- Applying Disinfectant – expertly applying solutions to kill germs on surfaces. (NOTE: the product we use is all natural, employing botanical disinfectants and has a pleasant fragrance that lingers only for a short time, while killing 99.99% of the microorganisms. It is found on the approved EPA list for addressing coronaviruses – and has none of the harmful side effects found in sodium hypochlorite, hydrogen peroxide and quaternary ammonium compounds)
- Fogging – professionally treating hard to reach places with a disinfectant. Fogging is created by blasting a disinfectant into very fine droplets which disperse throughout the room. This is especially useful when it is not practical to hand clean merchandise and products on a shelf for example.
- Infection Control – skillfully deep cleaning and applying disinfectant to all surfaces
- Air Scrubbers -knowledgably setting up and maintaining HEPA filtration providing 4 air changes/hour for worry free breathing. HEPA filtration is the proven method for cleaning even the smallest of contaminants from the air.
- Quarantine – competently constructing sterile containment in any environment
- HVAC Cleaning – providing the final step in clean air circulation. Some studies indicate that under certain conditions, the virus may become airborne. Ensuring that your HVAC is properly cleaned will alleviate those concerns.
Set apart in the industry, NorHaz Solutions offers you the following assurances to provide you peace of mind once we have cleaned your space, and knowledgeable information that you can pass on to your valued customers. We have a large supply of product and PPE available in our warehouse. As well, the product we use does not affect the indoor air quality (IAQ) and it is EPA approved.
- Extensive experience cleaning in hazardous conditions. – wearing the proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and practicing SWP (Safe Work Procedures) is paramount to safely entering and cleaning a potentially contaminated area.
- Deep knowledge of appropriate techniques. – As mentioned, we bring over 30 years experience to the present crisis. Although no testing has been conducted on COVID-19 as of yet, we employ the practices and products that have been effective in addressing similar outbreaks in the past.
- Trained staff – All our staff are trained in the hazards of COVID-19 and hold industry standard certification (IICRC) for safely mitigating the threat we now face.
- Infection and Disease Control certification. Beyond IICRC certification, many of our staff have effectively addressed hazards within Interior Health buildings (hospitals) across the province. These are the highest standards found anywhere in BC.
- Pollution and General Liability Insurance – We are so confident of our cleaning practices, that we carry not only general liability insurance, but also pollution insurance.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) is the latest addition to the large family of coronaviruses. Several of these coronaviruses that affected the respiratory system in the past include SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome), and MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome). This virus is thought to be transmitted by droplets and can stay virulent on surfaces anywhere from several hours to several days. According to the EPA, “…Coronaviruses are enveloped viruses, meaning they are one of the easiest to kill [on surfaces] with the appropriate disinfectant product.”